Friday, December 23, 2011

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE......

Sand Hill Cranes on their way to Mexico fueled-up from their last stop along the Pratt River in Kansas.
Sand Hill Crane

                     
            
Of all the water towers across the U.S. these are my favorites.
In 1916 Pancho Villa, after shooting-up the town of Columbus, NM, probably stopped and had a drink supplied by the little tower built at the end of the 19th century.


"Hi, I'm Marine Sargent John Sullivan Retired. I survived the French Indochina War because I can kill and I like whisky," this proud, if not a little tipsy, man tells me with a straight back and a snappy salute.

As evening fell a black band of ominous clouds moved in from the North.

The long, beautiful arm of Mother Nature reached all the way to Columbus, NM and is giving us a little snow….and it’s still coming and coming…..Santa will be happy not having to hitch up 8 tiny four-wheelers and can stick with Rudolf and the gang.

It's beginning to look a lot like we'll be spending Christmas with the spirit of Pancho Villa.



No comments: