Thursday, December 8, 2011

SALVATION ON WHEELS

Despite our wishes of warmer temperatures here in Marathon, TX. it was another evening of out of bed and up-on-the-hour to run a little water through the pipes as an anti-freezing measure...it worked, no repairs needed. 

Staring us in the nose here at the park is the newest cult of worship I've ever seen, though Google tells me it's been around since the 20's...where have I been?

I think the stationary type of architecture is still somewhat more in vogue than the wheeled variety.  I guess I'm just a little inflexible in my golden years.

Marathon's Saint Mary Catholic Church

1800's Tool wagon  

The moon rose
and the sun set on the
Church of Universal Harmony

We had planned on hanging here in Marathon for another day but the temps are forecasted to dip into the lower 20 again.  I should have done a little better recon work and realized this high desert 4000 foot altitude is not the warmest of locations.  Maybe we should head down toward the border surely it has to be warmer there.






No comments: