Saturday, April 30, 2011

WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

This year’s ride is coming to a close. Thousands of miles traveled across our country has allowed me to visit, up-close and personal, with people of means that care only for themselves, those that find joy in helping others and the destitute that recycle roadside aluminum cans converting them into a meal. I have been given a unique perspective. What I’ve tasted and tested with my own eyes and through the eyes of others is this:

Like a billion sharpened blades the rain of history pricks and pierces our minds and still we heed not the warnings. The tale is deep within our DNA, it blossoms in books and drowns us with advice, and still we heed not. I fear we have become so complacent, so saturated with reality-obscuring non-essentials that a complete collapse, either through natural or forced measures is required before a corrective course, a balance, will save the only place we have to live, “Planet Earth.”

When land ownership falls in too few hands, when the divide between poor and rich becomes too great and the middle class melts to too little, the strength of a nation and the stability of a sense of fair play shrinks along with it.

Wishing you all well. If you would like to help the all-volunteer, Iron County Cancer Unit, go to
www.tcoinc.com/iccu and pitch in a couple of bucks. Your contribution will go a long way in helping folks in their personal battle with cancer.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Richard,

I really enjoyed your writing style and your message. I hope some cataclysmic personal event has not occurred that put a stop to the blog.

Best Regards,

Andy

Richard Boyd said...

Thanks Andy, I'll be back, offering-up the world according to my biased eye, after the Harvest Moon.