Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PONY EXPRESS

I maintain a very low $ amount limit with my credit cards....thankfully! 

At a Walmart store here in Dumas, I tried to use plastic as the medium of exchange for a couple of items...Card NOT Accepted and the register spit out a piece of paper stating, "Call 1-800-yada" immediately.  Stepping back 5 paces from the register, I called the imprinted number.

Within 24 hours, the issuing credit card company had closed my account, began a fraud investigation, cut a new card and had it in my hands via UPS Overnight Express; And it only took 15 telephone calls and an hour of "on-line-chat" to make it happen.

The romantic, poky days of Pony Express are long passed.

Without a LOW $ charge approval, set by me, I wouldn't have known a thing about the fraudulent charges until I was blasted with my monthly statement....or.....the credit limit of the card was reached.

No comments: