Thursday, March 10, 2011

STANLEY AND SISSY

From Needles, CA to Kingman, AZ is a rise of  3,200 foot in elevation.  Leaving the Colorado River Valley and rising into the mountains is tough on the gas but easy on the eyes, the vistas are spectacular.  Last year we traveled this stretch in reverse, Kingman to Needles via Old Route 66....a slender, bending road that leaves the knuckle white and teeth aching from clenched jaw.  Experience led us north this year on the wider Highways 95 and 68.




If they weren't able to save your soul, they'll get you out of jail and try, try again.



Plum blossom?



Sitting in the park, slapping strings and dreaming of Nashville.  The green haired guy must have been their manager, though he never raised his head or commented, just bobbed along with the beat.

Words and music by Stanley and Sissy
                                             
Trapezoid fever and Little Caesars Pizza
I’ve eaten my share but the grass is still greener
My ma and my pa they hassle and hate me
But I slip through the cracks and return the favor.
I have not a home so my friends bring me bones
But I keep on singing my songs alone
It’s Nashville I’m bound so I’ll see you around
For life is just too sweet to squander.

Uptown Kingman

No comments: