Thursday, January 12, 2012

O'KEEFFE SUNRISE AT GUNSIGHT WASH, AZ

Tell me this isn't a Georgia O'keeffe sunrise and I'll tell you the number of my eye doctor.  See them, right there in front of you, the morning's warm, welcoming lips of nature's love draped with fierce and fiery pastels.


Morning Dove that comes for handouts.  These guys have learned that the big white boxes (RV's) relate to food.  They land, walk around the rig looking for bits of food and then take off with their distinctive squeaky flight.


PHAINOPEPLA - fay-no-PEHP-lah. No PEEPing
I chased this skittish guy for days trying to get a decent shot but managed only cactus burs in my boots and blurry pictures. Then.....sitting in the rig, Jackie says, "Look, there on top of that Palo Verde tree."  So he came and presented himself to end the chase and get some piece and quiet.  "Click,"  an extraordinary picture of a beautiful bird.


Ash Throated Fly Catcher 
 Best picture I could get through the dust covered window.











2 comments:

Kirk said...

Seeing as how you are in Arizona I thought I'd pass this on from a friend. You may find it an interesting event. http://forums.homestead.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=23519&PID=557329&title=for-those-of-you-in-arizona#557329

Richard Boyd said...

Thanks Kirk~~I could use a little "Wellness" but the location is where busy'ness begins just south of Phoenix and that sort of traffic and hub-bub I try to avoid at all costs. Peace and be well