Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS in Earp, CA.

UPDATE:  We have a new A/C on the rig....Waiting for Walmart to stand good on their promise of reimbursement.

A man of all seasons or a man that makes his own.  "I’m anti social!  The government wanted me to die for their beliefs."

Spike, a man for all seasons, an avid reader of philosophy with the mental agility of a bounding Gazelle and a horticulturist that grows his own.   “My pick-up is my home and tent my castle.  At 71 years I'm proud to be a minimalist and anti social.    He brings to mind a line from the song, "Me and Bobby McGee" by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster , “Freedom’s just another word for nothin left to lose.”

He quotes Bertrand Russell, “I would not die for my beliefs, I might be wrong.”  I agree with Lord Russell *and* I would not die for your beliefs because I know you are dysfunctional, in denial, and wrong………"




                                                 Writing a Haiku for the occasion.  
           
                                                                    Cultural Heritage
                                                                    Primal metaphors
                                                                 Dysfunction wed with denial
                                                                   Fearsome fantasies
                                                                             "Spike"





Two new outfits on the Earp Flats equipped to communicate with the rest of the world via ham radio.
When the lights go out from grid failure we'll be asking these fellows for help.

                                                   HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.






No comments: