Tuesday, December 30, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR




Staying ahead of the snow, I raced from Madison, WI., in record time, stopping only for gas and sleep. One night stays in Walmart parking lots, state parks and various city parks. My buddy loaned me a CD, " HARP ATTACK."  James Cotton-Junior Wells-Carey Bell-Billy Branch.  Played that CD the whole way.  Driving music if your into blues harp.
                                           Or go to: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiMCEeF-Hec&list=UUg-VwIx4ny0iA7c5ATJ4mqg



November the 10th, Earp, CA, morning coffee "On the hill." Warm sunshine.


Just over the Colorado River, from my spot on the hill, is Big River, AZ. where I opened a PO BOX. This is Charlene, post mistress of the one person post office...You are looking at the *whole* post office. Window hours, 11AM-3PM 6 days a week.


After a month on the hill I got a little restless and took a short trip up north of Lake Havasu, AZ. and squatted down on BLM land, Scraggy Wash, and walked the hills for a few days.


This picture was taken while sitting on the RV steps the second day at Scraggy Wash. Sheep or goats, never did figure out which.


Back in Earp, just a few days ago, while out walking, I had just come up to the top of a steep banked wash and three burros were staring at me. I froze so as not to scare them off.  No worry, after a few minutes I began walking toward them and they just ambled on their way with not the least concern of my presence. This picture was taken with my phone, so as you see, they were fairly close.


Most days end with  gorgeous to spectacular sunsets. A little splash of Jim Beam coupled with the sky fire is a perfect way to end the day.

The world is on a collision course with the things that keep us alive and healthy - the air, water, soil and variety of life. Corporations, especially those with head offices in some other part of the country or the world care little for the interests of local ecosystems or communities, except in so far as they interfere with the drive to maximize profit for shareholders. They have no obligation to protect local ecosystems or local communities. Their sole goal is to make as much money as they can get away with.   David Suzuki’s grandson, Tamo Campos.














2 comments:

Andy said...

2015 is looking to be some sorta ride. Hang on my friend!

Richard Boyd said...

Right on Andy. http://www.myoldrv.com/
My buddy, Rodney, http://www.amazon.com/C.-Rodney-James/e/B001KIL8XO
likes to say, "Keep your powder dry," I add "Keep the bugs out of your flour." Due diligence in both arenas recommended.